Wednesday 5 February 2014

Liz Earle vs Superdrug





So hi there, what few followers I have. Remember me? I promised big things in my last post, you know that post back in September? What can I say, blogging has had to take a back seat for a few months, boo.

Anyway, I've been wanting to blog about these two products for some time now. Do I decided to do a verses regarding Hot Cloth Cleansers. As any other beauty junkie out there I have just got to try everything, right? Well that's what I tell my bank balance anyway. 

So my foray into Hot Cloth Cleansers was with the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser. The reason why I opted to try this product forts is simply due to cost, £5.99 felt quite reasonable when trying out a new product. Quick note: Superdrug currently have it on buy 1 get the 2nd half price here

On my first try I loved it! I'm very much a double cleanse type of girl, due to the amount of makeup I wear, so this was right up my alley. I loved the whole massage the product in, which was a lovely thick cream texture and has a fresh smell, and then remove with a hot wet  cloth. The amount of makeup it took off in one go was amazing!! Leaving my skin makeup free and ready for my regular face wash. I have found that my skin concerns - breakouts, blackheads and under the skin white heads have definitely reduced since adding this to my regime.

After finding the answer to my skin concerns I wasn't happy sticking with just that, no I just had to try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. At £14.75 for the starter kit I felt again this was very friendly on the pocket. 

I have to say that I found hardly any difference between the two products in texture, smell or effectiveness at removing makeup. The Liz Earle product worked exactly as the Superdrug product had. If I had tried the Liz Earle product first I would no doubt have favoured this above all other cleansers. The reason for the price difference is simply down to branding and packaging.would I recommend one product above another? No. They both work fabulously, smell great and left my skin looking good. It is merely all down to your budget and your preference over own brand and branded products.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment